Crowns and bridges are prostheses that are used to restore damaged teeth. The appearance and the functionality of the teeth can be restored through the treatment. At Covington Signature Dentistry, our expert dentist uses the best quality materials for the procedure that offers durable restorations to the patient.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are dental caps that are placed on a damaged tooth to conceal its deformities. It also helps to restore a tooth that has lost its structure. They help to safeguard the weak teeth that are misshapen or prone to breakage. Dentists also use crowns as the visible part of the restoration in dental implant procedures.
Crowns enhance the overall appearance of the patient by providing a smile makeover to the patient. Dentists obtain an impression of the teeth and use it to fabricate the dental crown, adhering to the unique requirements of the patient. The final restoration is placed on the damaged tooth and affixed with dental adhesives.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Crowns?
- Crowns are personalized to fit each patient's unique dental measurements.
- Biocompatible materials are used to fabricate dental crowns.
- They are incredibly stain-resistant.
- The dental crown procedure is simple and fast.
- Dental crowns promote the overall dental health of the patient.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are prostheses that consist of two crowns and an artificial tooth or teeth either between or beside them. It helps to replace a missing tooth or a set of missing teeth in the mouth. The teeth where the crowns will be attached are prepared by etching them. The impression of the teeth is obtained and sent to the dental lab for fabrication. The final restoration is positioned on the teeth and secured with dental adhesives.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Bridges?
- Dental bridges are tailor-made to fit the dental measurements of the patient.
- Bridges prevent the teeth from shifting out of place in the mouth.
- It enhances the overall dental condition of the patient.
- Speech impairments caused by tooth loss can be resolved through bridges.
Crowns and bridges are restorations that offer long-lasting results to the patients.
Covington Signature Dentistry, located at 27121 174th Place SE, Suite 202, Covington, WA 98042 offers the best dental care through our efficient dentists and modern technologies and facilities. Call us at (253) 638-9955 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about dental restorations and other dental services.